Thursday, February 3, 2011

Perfect Bite Nachos

Thanks to all of those who voted.  We got great feedback on the poll, and the decision came down to the wire.  I got to tell you, it's been a really rough night for me.  Watching re-runs of No Reservations, eating nachos, and drinking beer . . . life is tough.

Ah, you know me better.  It's not often I indulge, so thanks for humoring me.

So, here it is.  My recipe for perfect bite nachos.  Perfect bite you ask?  Done and done.  We've all been there.  That plate of nachos that arrives to the table whereby 40% contain all the goodness and the other 60% are made up of just chips - come on - you know where I'm coming from.  Nobody wants to be "that guy" who always gets the best chip, so instead you binge and purge.  A chip with all of the good stuff (binge), followed by a few mediocre bites of chips and minimal ingredients (purge).

I've solved your problems.  Each nacho is prepared with a little love and care, i.e. each bite is the same.  Sure there's a little work involved, but trust me, the payoff is totally worth it.

One tip - work as fast as possible.  You want your chips to be crisp, especially when loaded down with so many ingredients.  Of course, you can add to what's listed here - seasoned ground beef, grilled chicken, shrimp, etc.  It's up to you.

Gotta say it - Go Pack!

Perfect Bite Nachos

2 Bags Tortilla Chips
32 oz Can Refried Beans
8 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
8 oz Monterey Jack Cheese, grated
1 Jar Sliced Jalapenos
Cherry Tomatoes, sliced thin
Green Onions, sliced thin
Sour Cream

Preheat oven to broil setting.  Spread a thin layer of refried beans on each chip and place onto a baking sheet lined with foil.  Sprinkle generously with cheese, and top each chip with a sliced jalapeno.  Place on the middle rack of the oven and broil until edges are slightly browned and cheese is bubbly, about 1 - 2 minutes.  Remove from oven and top with sliced tomatoes and green onions.  Serve with salsa and sour cream.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow Really its recipe perfect and colorful . i like that and Great idea for recipe . i just try make this recipe. thanks for nice sharing

Romantic Dinner Bruges

Post a Comment